Monday, June 27, 2011

The Pictorial Review.

Heads up lovelies....There are a lot of pictures and not a lot of words. It's been a busy week so I thought I'd give you a 'Pictorial Review' (which I think sounds kind of cool...don't you?)
My desk at the start of the week (N.B. it hadn't changed much by the end of the week and is still quite messy right now)We went to Cirencester on Thursday and Arthur took me out to lunch at Jacks cafe...gorgeous cafe, good coffee, yummy quiche and loads and loads of cakes (and nice table numbers as pictured above)The conservatory where we ate... attached to the museum.A table FULL of cakes!Some awesome/cringe worthy packaging found on a pair of tights.Crabbittz in pieces (can you see the new fabrics?)Coffee, Cake and Naked Beans (hehehehehe)Me, Arthur, Ed (our lodger and friend), Vicki (my extraordinary crochet able friend) and her lovely little tot went to the boot fair. It was SCORCHIO (as it was in most places)...i had to take a picture of this man's stall which was full of 'lava ware'...look at the colours!!Cheltenham boot fair is close to a little local steam train line and Vicki's lad has a healthy appreciation for anything train related (or bus relates, or bob the builder related or digger related) so when we heard the steam trains whistle we dropped all potential bargains and hot footed it over to the station so he could wave at the train driver and marvel at the wonder of the lovely green engine.How cute?!Yes readers...it is true...I have the most wonderful boyfriend. I was busy at another stall, when I finalised my purchased at this 'other stall' i headed over to Arthur who was just handing over his hard earned dollar...'What have you just brought dear?' I asked him...'Ohh something for you' and he handed over the large plastic bag...i peeked inside (and I'm not ashamed to admit because it is soo wonderful and I've been wanting one forever) and did a little scream. My bearded wonderful boyfriend had brought the above pictured item for the tiny sum of FIVE POUNDS!!!There were even a few letter blocks left (cover your ears if you are adverse to crude jokes) enough to spell out the word 'fanny'....yep...I'm 25 years old and find that hilarious.I also picked up this beauty for one pound...I think this brings the collection of cameras which we think look lovely but will probably never use up to 10!And finally...i foraged these lovely sweet peas on the way home...they were hanging over the side of a wall and were practically in the road so it was fine for me to pick them...right?

What about you dearies...what did you do last week?
xxx

4 comments:

  1. Love the 'Pictorial Review'...more please! Also love the printers tray (and the fact that the remaining letters spell what they do!!Hee hee). Have a good week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Was that Cheltenham race course boot sale?

    I keep meaning to go to that one, but I take it you need to get there mega early to grab the goodies?

    ReplyDelete
  3. We got there for about 10...and it stops at 12...its HUGE!i recommend it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooo, love the colours in your work space, especially the teal wall. And that camera is adorable – strong thrifty work! can't wait to see what you're going to make with the new fabric stash…
    x

    ReplyDelete